Fairfield County Criminal Defense Attorneys Protecting Clients facing Burglary Charges
All burglaries in the state of Connecticut are felonies, and if you have been charged with a burglary, regardless of the circumstances surrounding your arrest, you need to take your legal defense seriously. The criminal defense attorneys of Mark M. Kratter, LLC vigorously defend clients who have been charged with First Degree, Second Degree, and Third Degree Burglary. Our lawyers have proven themselves as effective trial attorneys in some of the toughest burglary cases ever tried in Fairfield, Litchfield, and New Haven. One of the keys to a successful criminal defense is to employ a reputable, experience criminal defense lawyer as early in the case as possible. Contact the Norwalk law office of Mark M. Kratter, LLC immediately.
Burglary Crimes in Connecticut
The classification of burglaries in Connecticut depends on the circumstances surrounding the alleged crime. Our criminal defense lawyers represent individuals who have been charged with all types of burglaries, including:
- 1st Degree Burglary – Class B Felony punishable by a five-year mandatory prison sentence. This is committed by unlawfully entering or remaining in a building while armed with explosives or weapons, or intentionally or recklessly harming or attempting to harm someone inside of the building.
- 2nd Degree Burglary – Class C Felony punishable by one to ten years in prison, up to $10,000 in fines, or both. This involves unlawfully entering or remaining in a dwelling at night, or entering into an occupied dwelling at any time.
- 2nd Degree Burglary With a Firearm – This has the same elements and penalties as the unarmed 2nd Degree Burglary, but carries a one-year minimum mandatory sentence.
- 3rd Degree Burglary – Class D Felony punishable by one to five years in prison, up to $5,000 in fines, or both. Unlawfully entering or remaining in any building with the intent to commit a crime.
- 3rd Degree Burglary With a Firearm – This has the same elements and penalties as the unarmed 3rd Degree Burglary, but carries a one-year minimum mandatory sentence.
If you've been charged with any of the above listed Connecticut burglary offenses, contact the Norwalk, CT law office of Mark M. Kratter, LLC today.
Private Criminal Defense Lawyers of Southwest Connecticut
It requires experience and knowledge of Connecticut's legal system to successfully defend someone who is charged with burglary. For nearly two decades, the attorneys of Mark M. Kratter, LLC have represented individuals who have been arrested in Fairfield, Litchfield, and New Haven counties for burglaries and other crimes. Don't risk the outcome of your case to an inexperienced lawyer.
To schedule an appointment at the Law Offices Mark M. Kratter, LLC call 203-286-4623.
The criminal defense lawyers at Mark M. Kratter, LLC proudly defend those accused of crimes in the communities of Fairfield, CT, including Norwalk, Stamford, Greenwich, Westport, Redding, Wilton, Ridgefield, Darien, Weston, Fairfield, Danbury, Stratford, Monroe, Newtown, Bethel, New Canaan, Easton and Bridgeport, as well as the rest of Southwest Connecticut.