The term larceny covers a wide variety of theft offenses. Depending on the type and value of the property stolen, larceny crimes can be charged as felonies or misdemeanors. The penalties for a conviction on larceny charges can range from community service to fines to jail time. It is important to have a lawyer in your corner who knows the law and will fight to protect your interests.
The law firm of Mark M. Kratter, LLC, in Norwalk, Connecticut, serves criminal defense clients throughout Fairfield County including the communities of Norwalk, Stamford, Greenwich, Westport, Redding, Wilton, Ridgefield, Darien, Weston, Fairfield, Danbury, Stratford, Monroe, Newtown, Bethel, Danbury, New Canaan, Easton and Bridgeport.
At the law firm of Mark M. Kratter, LLC, we represent clients throughout Fairfield County in a wide variety of larceny cases, including fraud, forgery and identity theft, shoplifting and embezzlement. We have extensive experience in these cases and we will utilize every legal resource at our disposal in an effort to preserve your rights and your freedom. It is our goal in each case to do everything we can to reach the most favorable possible outcome on your behalf.
Pursuing Every Possible Option in Your Case
With every case we take, our attorneys work diligently to beat the charges against you outright. We build a strong defense on your behalf and do everything we can to obtain the results you need. Our first goal is always dismissal of charges based on the evidence or other factors. In some cases, we will seek to have the charges dropped by arranging restitution for the victim. In others, we will request accelerated rehabilitation or other pretrial diversionary programs for our clients.
The following are the different types of larceny and the potential penalties:
- First Degree Larceny: Also referred to as Grand Larceny. Property valued at over $10,000. Up to 20 years in prison and fines up to $15,000. Class B Felony.
- Second Degree Larceny: Property valued at $5001-$10,000. Up to 10 years in prison and fines up to $10,000. Class C Felony.
- Third Degree Larceny: Property valued at $1001-$5000. Up to 5 years in prison and fines up to $5,000. Class D Felony.
- Fourth Degree Larceny: Property valued at $501-$1000. Up to 1 year in jail and fines up to $2,000. Class A Misdemeanor.
- Fifth Degree Larceny: Property valued at $250-$500. Up to 6 months in jail and fines up to $1,000. Class B Misdemeanor.
- Sixth Degree Larceny: $250 or Less. Up to 3 months in jail and fines up to $500. Class C Misdemeanor.
Call for a Free Initial Consultation
Se habla Español • Si parla Italiano • Se fala Português • Hum Hindi bolte hain