Connecticut Law Firm Advises Clients On Bankruptcy Checklist
Bankruptcy can be a lifesaver for people who can’t make ends meet. If you are swimming in unpaid bills and are afraid of losing your assets, property, or home, bankruptcy can allow you to begin again, save your assets and home, and reorganize your finances so that you never have to face losing anything again. The attorneys at Mark M. Kratter, LLC can help you make the transition to a better financial future by assisting you throughout the entire process of bankruptcy. Your job is simply to furnish them with the following information, so that they can determine whether you are eligible, and for what type of bankruptcy:
- Copies of your most recent federal and state income tax returns.
- Salary payroll stubs or direct deposit records for the last six months
- Records of income from things such as rents, royalties, pension, unemployment benefits, Social Security payments, child support, alimony, and sales commissions.
- Billing statements for items you have bought and on which you are making monthly payments.
- Proof of insurance for all financed vehicles .
- List of creditors and balances due.
- Your last statement for any retirement account, including IRA or 401(k).
- A copy of divorce decrees, property settlement agreements or any other court order that has to do with child support, alimony or spousal maintenance within the last five years.
- Addresses of everywhere you have lived for the last 36 months.
- A copy of any and all court documents including any ongoing lawsuit or lawsuit filed in the last 24 months.
- Any documents associated with major sales within the last 24 months.
- A list of all property.
- Copies of your most recent personal and real property tax assessments.
- Copies of all titles for anything you own, or have an ownership interest in.
- Recent business tax returns.
- Documentation of any retirement or investment account that has been liquidated within the last 12 months.
- Copies of any mortgage and/or mortgage closing statement signed in the last 12 months.
By providing the skilled Fairfield County Attorneys at Mark M. Kratter, LLC with all of the details of your recent financial history, we can help you successfully file for bankruptcy, adjust your monthly payments so that they become manageable, and restructure your assets so that you can better maintain financial health in the future.
Call us today at our office in Norwalk, CT at 203-286-4623 to begin the process of starting over.